- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don’t want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable (uses a settings file under the AppData folder) executable.
- A potato. No, seriously, you need a reasonable computer.
- Microsoft Windows Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10
- .Net Framework 4.5
• Just a small bug fix.
♦ The app was crashing if the system had no .NET Framework 4.8 installed, without warning first.
• Just some bug fixes.
♦ Some users could not reverse, undo, reset or save projects.
♦ The feedback tool was not working for some users.
♦ Some users could not download any external tool (TLS/SSL bug).
• German translation was updated.
♦ Updated the startup check that verifies the presence of .Net Framewok 4.8.
♦ The FFmpeg video importer now detects correctly videos with rotation.
♦ The app was occasionally crashing when loading the editor window when trying to apply the glass effect.
• Chinese (simplified) translation was updated.
♦ The validation that prevented some Windows 10 users from using the DirectX recording was fixed.
• The app now uses/requires .Net Framework 4.8.
• Experimental support for multi-DPI set of screens (All windows, including the recorders).
• Screen capture via DirectX 11.1 (Desktop Duplication API, requires Windows 8 or newer).
• Screen capture can use a configurable memory cache with support for compression.
• You can now set actions to be executed when clicking on the app icon on the system tray.
• The default FFmpeg Webm encoder is now set to VP9.
• Added support for version 0.9.3 of Gifski (delete the older DLL and download again via Options > Extras).
• You can now cancel the gif encoding that uses Gifski.
• When exporting as project, the app will use the encoder window instead of locking down the editor.
• You can use FFmpeg to import frames from video (I also improved performance while importing video with the default method).
• The executable can interpret arguments to disable/enable hardware acceleration.
• The maximum permitted outwards thickness of the border was increased.
• German, Turkish and Russian translation were updated.
♦ The new recorder had issues with the positioning of the record controls while using multiple screens.
♦ The troubleshooter had issues displaying the correct position of the screens.
♦ The screen recorder was not capturing animated cursors correctly.
♦ The space bar was not set as the Play/Pause button anymore.
♦ The Gifski encoder now accepts saving gifs to a path (also loading frames from a temporary path) that contains non-latin characters.
♦ The text was overflowing and not wrapping properly in the FFmpeg command text boxes.
♦ It was not possible to set shortcuts when deploying with Intune.
♦ When trying to type special characters with the help of the Right Alt key, some commands were being fired instead. Because the underlying system translates Right Alt to Ctrl + Alt.
ScreenToGif 2.19.3 更新记录：
• German translation was updated.
♦ When adding a task, if you selected the KeyStrokes you would actually select the MouseClicks and vice-versa.
♦ The gif encoders had an issue with the timings of the frames.
ScreenToGif 2.19.2 更新记录：
• German, Korean, Polish, Swedish, and Russian translations were updated.
♦ For some users, a crash was happening when trying to use Caption or KeyStrokes features.
♦ Some tooltips were not translatable.
ScreenToGif 2.19.1 更新记录：
• Chinese (Simplified) translation was updated.
♦ The Enter key was not working as the shortcut key for the panels on the Editor window.
♦ The cursor following feature was not working when the key used to temporarily disable the repositioning was not set.
ScreenToGif 2.19 更新记录：
• You can set the recorder window to follow your mouse cursor.
• You can add drop shadows (you can also set as an automated task).
• Now you can add the progress overlay as a task.
• Now you can add the border overlay as a task (also, you can set your border to expand outwards the frame).
• Encodings done with FFmpeg have now a progress indicator.
• The color selector has now a slider for the transparency and an eye dropper for sampling colors from your screen.
• You can control the starting number for the progress text when displaying the current/total number of frames.
• You can view the current time (cumulative) of the project based on the current selected frame (Statistics tab).
• There’s a more reliable feedback sending mechanism in use.
• You can now insert lower case letters at the key strokes editor.
• Added option to not loop the animation during playback.
• Swedish and Korean translation were updated.
• Added Vietnamese translation.
♦ The screen recorder was pausing the recording when the windows were being dragged.
♦ Some typos were corrected.
♦ The triangle shape was impossible to use when regional/number settings were using comma as decimal separator instead of a period.
♦ Other types of progress overlays were shifted 1 frame ahead, so the last frame will represent 100% of the progress.
♦ When trying to edit the key strokes, there was a case in which you could not, because of a faulty validation preventing you from opening the window to edit.
♦ When manually switching from a zoom different than 100% (example: 140%) back to 100% and later opening and closing a panel,
the zoom would go back to the zoom 140% instead of staying at 100%.
♦ The tooltips for some buttons are now translatable.
♦ Fixed issues with some windows not opening at the correct position.
♦ Fixed the delay rounding for encoders v1 and v2, since gifs can only have delays of multiples of 10ms in each frame.
ScreenToGif 2.18 更新记录：
• Кеуѕtrоkеѕ: Тhе арр wіll dіѕрlау „Сtrl“ іnѕtеаd оf dіѕрlауіng „Соntrоl“.
• Uрdаtеd thе Коrеаn trаnѕlаtіоn.Вug fіхеѕ:
Тhе рrосеѕѕ thаt сhесkѕ іf thеrе’ѕ аlrеаdу а fіlе wіth thе ѕаmе nаmе wаѕ сhаngеd. Nоw іt ѕhоuld bе ѕmооthеr.
Іn Орtіоnѕ > Аbоut, thе Gіttеr lіnk wаѕ ореnіng оthеr wеbѕіtе bу mіѕtаkе.
Тhе tаѕk thаt аltеrѕ thе dеlау оf frаmеѕ wаѕ nоt wоrkіng.
Тhе trаnѕіtіоn „Fаdе tо соlоr“ wаѕ еndіng wіth а frаmе nоt 100% оf thе ѕеlесtеd соlоr.
ScreenToGif 2.16 更新记录：
• Added FFmpeg as an optional encoder for Apng.
• Updated the German and Russian translations.
♦ A message about a missing FFmpeg instance was not interactive.
♦ When loading images, if those images were not in the correct format, the app would not encode properly as Apng.
♦ There was an issue with one of the numerical input fields not working as expected (with numbers being typed).
ScreenToGif 2.15.2 更新记录：
• Updated the Russian, Italian and Dutch translations.
♦ The Apng export option was not working properly, the transparency and the repeat mode were broken.
♦ When selecting a folder to save a Apng file, only the extension *.apng was being displayed (the extension *.png was left behind).
♦ The keyboard shortcuts for the recording were not working when in full screen mode.