Siemens NX 是 Siemens PLM Software 公司出品的一个产品工程解决方案，它为用户的产品设计及加工过程提供了数字化造型和验证手段。Siemens NX针对用户的虚拟产品设计和工艺设计的需求，提供了经过实践验证的解决方案。NX这是一个交互式 CAD/CAM(计算机辅助设计与计算机辅助制造)系统，它功能强大，可以轻松实现各种复杂实体及造型的建构。它在诞生之初主要基于工作站，但随着PC硬件的发展和个人用户的迅速增长，在PC上的应用取得了迅猛的增长，目前已经成为模具行业三维设计的一个主流应用。
Siemens NX 和 UG NX 事实是同一个软件，UG NX 是原名称，而 Siemens NX 是新名称，是西门子收购过来的改名的，本质上是同一软件，被改名了而已。现在全新的是Siemens NX 1899 版本，能够为企业提供一套集成的工具集，用于协调不同学科、保持数据完整性和设计意图以及简化整个流程，可以帮助企业更快，更高效地交付更好的产品。
NX for Design NX 设计是业界无比强大、灵活而又颇具创新性的产品开发解决方案，其特性、性能和功能都有助您以前所未有的速度将产品推向市场。NX 设计使您能够增加虚拟产品模型的使用，减少昂贵的物理原型，从而交付“一次性满足市场需求”的产品。 这样就能带来市场收益、降低开发成本并提高产品质量。
NX for Manufacturing 通过数字化促进高效的端到端零件制造工序，并交付高精度的零件。使用单个软件系统对 CNC 机床进行编程，控制机器人单元，驱动 3D 打印机并监控质量。使您的零件制造业务实现数字化转型，以便提高生产效率和增加盈利能力。
The Siemens PLM Software team is pleased to announce the availability of NX 1899 (1899 Series) . The latest release of NX brings significant new and enhanced functionality in all areas of the product to help you work more productively in a collaborative managed environment.
We are proud to introduce the latest release of NX, which brings significant new and enhanced functionality in all areas of the product to help you work more productively in a collaborative managed environment. This release builds on the continuous release process that is designed to make it easier for you to stay current with the latest releases of NX, giving you faster access to the latest functionality, and performance and quality improvements, to ensure that you gain the most from your investments.
– To optimize product development, we have invested in all aspects of modeling, including core functionality in modeling and drafting. New powerful weight management capabilities allow you to manage the mass properties of your entire product. We have also combined Direct Sketch and the Sketch task environment to make user interaction in sketching easier. In addition, to support the increasing use of reverse engineering, we are pleased to introduce new tools in convergent modeling to read point clouds and combine facet bodies.
This latest release of NX CAM brings innovative machining methods, higher levels of automation, and cloud-based postprocessing technology, including the following highlights:
– A new 5-axis roughing, powered by the high-speed Adaptive Milling technology, significantly reduces machining time of complex parts. By using deep cuts at high cutting speeds, it enables material to be rapidly removed as it gets closer to the final shape of the part, reducing the finishing cycle times.
– Multiple robots can be now programmed and simulated using NX CAM, enabling expanded automation on the shop floor.
– Machining Line Planner streamlines the allocation of operations across multiple machines while optimizing the machining processes.
– Post Hub, the new cloud-based solution for post processing, is directly accessible from within NX CAM. Free to NX CAM users, it provides more than 600 postprocessors for a wide range of machine/controller configurations, enabling you to quickly generate production-ready NC programs.
We are confident that the new capabilities in this release will allow you to work more productively than ever before, and to achieve your product requirements while staying at the forefront of industry trends. For more information about this release, see the What’s New Guide included with the NX help.
Siemens become the first major CAD/CAM/CAE vendor to deliver its software using Continuous Release methodology in January 2019.
With this deployment model, NX customers will be able to access new improvements more quickly while reducing the effort required to implement NX. This makes Siemens the first major CAD / CAM / CAE software provider to publish product updates in this way and provides innovations and improvements in the software even faster.
The main change for you as a customer are the monthly update releases, which are made available to you within a single release series. Bugs are therefore no longer fixed in different releases, just in the latest update and even smaller extensions are integrated promptly, which raises the quality to a new level. Significant enhancements that may affect the schema and compatibility are expected approximately every six months. Whether and when you roll out updates in your company, if you automate the updates or if you want to use different versions on the same hardware remains your decision.
Siemens PLM Software a business unit of the Siemens Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over 15 million licensed seats and more than 140,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with its customers to provide industry software solutions that help companies everywhere achieve a sustainable competitive advantage by making real the innovations that matter.